Wednesday 21 September 2011

Chair Lust





This week I am guilty of    CHAIR LUST

I just happened to glance into the inviting window of a local Charity shop during my lunch break and I beheld a thing of great beauty. 

Well strictly speaking at present it looks awful...

but believe me when I say this object of my lust is an ugly duckling waiting to be a beautiful swan...

This thing is a    CHAIR


I think it is a 1920s chair





PLEASE INDULGE ME AND IMAGINE HOW THIS CHAIR COULD BE TRANSFORMED......



Imagine the CHAIR dressed in a natty navy and cream stripe, with navy piping and with this as a trim:

  stripes...... and continuing on the navy theme......

 
 tweed....

or both......

 

  

All courtesy of Baker Lifestyle fabric library at www.gpjbaker.com


How would it be if I dressed the CHAIR in one of the following:

   this one with yellow buttons and piping   or purple buttons and piping

  keep it simple with self-piping and buttons; very sweet

or go dotty with spotty fabric       in any colour


would this work? -     yes I think so with cool cream buttons and piping

and what about the Midas touch -
 
   or squiggly stripes 
 or dare to keep it plain with conrasting black piping and buttons -





hmmm I think that may be my favourite

BUT

Unfortunately this story of CHAIR LUST does not have a happy ending

for the moment I caught sight of the CHAIR  I also

caught sight of the said   CHAIR 's       SOLD SIGN

 

how I wept

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designing in a time of Covid

Well it's 2021 We should feel refreshed after the Christmas 'break' - right? Hmm Acceptance Yes you saw right - acceptance This ...