Wednesday 28 September 2011

I Focus on Decorex



Sunday was my Focus on Decorex day and I did both -
Chelsea Royal Hospital followed by Chelsea Harbour - Decorex followed by Focus.

There was much to love. 



What did I discover during my wanderings...


My favourite Byron & Byron pole has been the scratched ivory pole with rope finials -
so gorgeous in a beachy scheme:

The news is that Byron & Byron have started to and will be providing an option to have any pole painted in a range of Sanderson paint colours - fabulous for matching to a scheme.




Next port of call was the Harlequin stand where I discovered that Harlequin have collaborated with Clarissa Hulse to produce a beautiful collection of wallpapers and fabrics:

Kallianthi Collection
fabrics and wallpapers with
a botanical theme

photo courtesy of www.harlequin.com

This was a colourful display to attract passers by





Complete with stylish flowers
echoing one of the chosen display fabrics






At the other end of the spectrum Tissus d'Helene 's arena contained a shop dummy prettily dressed in an understated stylish ditsy print:



I loved these; there was an element of
stumbling across some vintage prints
in a French brocante market

Timeless classics.


Emery & Cie also impressed with a tiled 'room' approached

through a wrought iron gate  - 

   tres jolie................



I sighed at the raw beauty of New England Shutter Company's                                   beautiful smoked oak shutters -                                                                                                           hmm I really would like some of those in my house;                                                                      perfect for a beach side home                                                                                 
 Horizons new at   ANDREW MARTIN 


An ice sculpture set the scene and this area was packed with atmosphere


My favourite items here were these inviting chairs

Santiago    Mapperton   
'Santiago' and 'Mapperton' fabrics & 'Newton' wallpaper courtesy of www.andrewmartin.co.uk
 All from the luscious 'Inventor' collection


Prize of the day goes to LINWOOD for their stunning vintage and childrens' collections.  I am a big fan and love their collaboration with 'clothes plasters' illustrator Jenny Maizels

There is also a childrens'book to tie in with the collection - genius

                                                     www.jennymaizels.com


and vintage..........  

  

  


Vintage heaven luxuriating in heavy velvets complete with digitally printed 'faded' areas on their 'fin de siecle' fabrics trimmed with heavy pom pom trim

And huge thank yous to Warrick Gloyn for showing me round and providing me with a much needed bottle of water for the journey home!

ps. your kids look cute as buttons in the publicity photos   as does your dog, Noodles

  I'm a big fan of this British company 

to be continued.................................



No comments:

Post a Comment

Designing in a time of Covid

Well it's 2021 We should feel refreshed after the Christmas 'break' - right? Hmm Acceptance Yes you saw right - acceptance This ...