Wednesday 10 October 2012

FOCUSING ON DESIGN AT DECOREX & CHELSEA HARBOUR 2012

GOODNESS WHERE DO THE WEEKS GO?

I remember the same thing happening last year. I become a creature in need of warmth and hibernation as the days progressively shorten and lose their warmth. Fighting the urge for chocolate with exercise and homely food... for now!

Anway; let me cast my mind back a couple of weeks to what was a fabulously inspiring day at Focus and Decorex. The British weather was at its rainy best but inside the creative fires were burning....

As I stepped onto the hallowed Chelsea Design Harbour turf from the rain outside I was offered a glass of champagne and the most glorious canapés 

It is hard not to feel design warmth when you are then offered a free Sweetie bag voucher - I kid you not. These guys know how to woo.



I loved what was on offer this year - apart from the champers and canapés -

I attended a particularly informative and inspirational, in equal measures, talk chaired by Dominic Bradbury .  I managed to sneak in  courtesy of a very nice lady in fabulous shoes eating a muffin beside the lift - thank you nice lady. Sparky discussion with Chris Dezille of Honky; Graham Harris of SHH and Bunny Turner of TURNER POCOCK all about teamwork.

Dominic Bradbury was then signing his new book in the foyer and I truly wish I could have added his signed book to my library but the thought of carrying a beautiful book round London and then homewards in the rain just wasn't going to become reality. Still The Iconic Interior is now on my Christmas list and Dominic, if you are reading this, please pretty please will you retrospectively sign it for me?!

                                                                                                             

TO BE CONTINUED......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designing in a time of Covid

Well it's 2021 We should feel refreshed after the Christmas 'break' - right? Hmm Acceptance Yes you saw right - acceptance This ...